2013, Here We Come!
- January 15, 2013
- Posted by: bagmin
- Category: Yoga 4 Love Blog
I took a break from blogging over the holidays. Now that 2013 is here, it is time to set new goals and then work on ways to achieve them!
The most important thing about setting goals is to make sure they are both measurable and realistic. By “measurable” I mean, you should be able to quantify them. “I want to lose weight” is not measurable. That could mean 5 pounds or 100 pounds. I think the word “realistic” speaks for itself. It wouldn’t be realistic to set a goal to lose 5 pounds per week for 5 weeks.
The above picture shows my “Goals” book on the left and my planner on the right. I have my goals written on the first page of the small book and then my progress is logged on a daily basis. The planner on the right has my day-to-day activities and work schedule and helps keep me on task for whatever I need to get done that day.
For 2013, here are a few of my goals. Some things will probably be added, or adjusted, as the year progresses:
1. Lose 65 pounds. (As of 1/13, I am 1 pound into that goal!)
2. Run 1.5 miles in less than 16:15.
3. Become a licensed Zumba instructor.
4. Become a Registered Yoga Teacher.
5. Complete a full marathon. Yes, that’s 26.2 miles. I am hoping to participate in the Marine Corps Marathon in October, but last year it sold out within an hour and forty minutes so I hope I can get an entry this year!
6. Learn how to kayak!
I am planning to create a vision board soon. I am debating whether to create an e-vision board (for my computer) or to create a vision board to hang in the bedroom. No reason why I can’t do both, though, right?
Serious marathon training begins in May. I lost a pound last week so I am feeling pretty good about that.