This is a slow cooker easy and tasty vegan chicken and potato curry. It is delicious!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped, optional
- 7 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cans of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup refrigerated milk of choice, organic milk, unsweetened soy milk etc.
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala or Tikka Masala spices
- 2 tablespoons mediterranean spices
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tumeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- One and a half teaspoons Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooked basmati rice for serving
Place all of oil, onion and pepper in the crockpot and turn the crockpot to low. Stir to coat the vegetables with oil. Place the rice in a rice cooker to prepare for your finished meal. Add the potatoes and chickpeas. Add the spices and sugar, and the full fat coconut milk and regular milk of choice. Stir in place of it on. Cook on low for four hours. Top with just red pepper or green onions if desired. Serve over basmati rice. This is an excellent cook and save meal, place the rest after cooled into a large freezable dish and then the overnight to reheat on the stove.