Vegan Lentil Burgers
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 T Garlic or Garlic powder, large pinch
- Pink Himilayian salt, large pinch
- 2 T Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp barbecue sauce of choice
- 1 heaping cup grated cauliflower
- 4 baby carrots
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 inch slice fresh ginger
- 1 small green chili chopped finely or 1/2 can green chilis
- 3-inch broccoli stem
- 4 tbsp chopped red or orange bell pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp Chipotle pepper powder (may also use dried chili powder)
- 1/8 finely chopped onion (or 1 tsp dried onion flakes)
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Ground Flaxmeal
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup GF chickpea flour or oat flour
- 2-4 tbsp breadcrumbs Gluten Free
Wash the lentils and add to pan with water, garlic, salt and bbq sauce. Cover and cook until tender. (10-15 minutes) Grate cauliflower, ginger, garlic, and carrot. Chop small other veggies and broccoli stems. Add to a wide pan and dry roast the vegetables for 3-5 minutes. Combine the veggies, flax, and sesame seeds to the cooked lentils. Add spices and bbq sauce. Mix well, taste and adjust salt, spice, and bbq sauce. Add GF flour and then GF bread crumbs as needed to form into burger patties.
Bake the patties at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Once baked, these patties can be grilled quickly for grill marks.
Place on Gluten Free burger buns, top with Mango Slaw.
- 1 thinly-sliced ripe mango
- 1 Shredded carrot
- 1 C Cabbage
Toss with Rice vinegar, raw sugar, pink salt, and Veggienaise. Mmmmm!
Inspired and reposted from Chocolate Covered Katie